I was contemplating purchasing some midi instruments to help create some of my own music for use in my short films and videos and a friend of mine pointed me to MusicShake.
I have to say that I was quite impressed with their software. Within 20 minutes of playing around on their site, I created this piece. This means it will take even less time to create future pieces. I was ecstatic with it. (To learn how to actually make the music go here.)
But now comes the problem with this site. After you make your music, you have to come to terms with the following:
1. This music does not belong to you
2. If you wish to use it for personal purposes, you need to pay $0.99
3. If you wish to use it for commercial purposes, you need to pay $19.99
4. If somebody else purchases your music for personal purposes you get to keep 10% of $0.99
5. If somebody else purchases you music for commercial purposes, you get to keep 30% of $19.99.
All I know is that after I made my music and wanted to download it and found out all of the above stuff, I felt quite cheated. I wonder if these people think filmmakers are stupid. There is so much free stuff around. I wonder who is paying them anything. If you are paying MusicShake for these services, let me know why. I really would like to know.
Subscribe to this Blog Here